Hourly: 20 hrs/week Type: Part-Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Category: Office/Travel Location: Baraboo, Wis.
Travel: Requires some travel including nights and weekends (valid drivers license and personal vehicle needed. Mileage reimbursement available)
The Public Relations Associate will be responsible for all projects relating to the day-to-day implementation of both public relations and marketing strategies to our membership and the dairy industry.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Executive Director, Editor and Membership Coordinator in order to ensure seamless communication with our membership, partners and dairy industry.
- Create, develop and manage editorial and design content for the Wisconsin Holstein website www.wisholsteins.com as needed.
- Write press releases and respond to media requests for images and articles.
- Develop media contact lists and editorial calendars with a solid understanding of the importance of reaching the right media contact at each publication.
- Confer with the WHA and WHP staff in order to identify and developing necessary marketing collateral such as brochures, fliers, posters and videos.
- Work with external vendors, sponsors and members as it pertains to print production for sales collateral, print ads, signage, online banners and more.
- Work closely with WHA and WHP staff to develop yearly event and marketing calendar and plan necessary promotional messaging via web, print and social media.
- Identify guest speakers, arrange for appearances and assist with exhibits in order to build awareness and enhance the brand of the Wisconsin Holstein Association.
- Assists the Executive Director and Editor in identifying and pursuing advertisers and sponsors.
- Actively solicits and comfortably accepts input from subject matter experts in order to develop testimonials, breeder profiles, feature stories and other materials for our membership and the Association.
- Becomes informed of and stays abreast of best-practice methods and ideas across various mediums, communication vehicles, and tactical approaches to initiatives.
- Travel and attendance at events, some after-hours, will be required in order to promote the Association and build strong relations within our membership.
- Excellent communication skills, organization and time-management practices.
- Individual must be creative, detailed oriented, quality focused and work well in a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communications skills with experience interacting with members or customers directly.
- Has knowledge of correct grammar and editing practices for all communication vehicles.
- Strong knowledge of both Mac and PC operating systems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and able to reprioritize projects based on deadlines.
- Experience in InDesign, Illustrator, Quark, Photoshop, Acrobat, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media and web-based software.
- Basic html knowledge an asset.
Education and Experience:
- A BS or BA degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of communications and writing experience preferred.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to focus.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Ability to problem solve and think proactively.
- Experience with video editing and uploading preferred.
- Dairy industry experience preferred.
To Apply :
Submit the following materials by May 15, 2013 to email@example.com or mail to: WI Holstein Association, 902 8th Ave., Baraboo, WI 53913.
1) Cover letter explaining why you would be the best fit for the position
2) Resume including education, work experience and accomplishments
3) List of three references with contact information
Please call 1.800.223.4269 with questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org about this opportunity.