Director of Marketing and Membership
Reports to: Executive Director
Type: Full-Time salary OR Part-Time hourly depending on candidate
Category: Office/Travel with some remote Location: Baraboo, WI
Major Function: The Director of Marketing and Membership will be responsible for maintaining the current membership database as well as leading the development of member recruitment and retention programs. Additional duties include developing and executing a social media plan to promote WHA and its members, and coordinating all fundraising and sponsorship programs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain and update membership database to ensure accurate information is entered in a timely matter and compile necessary membership reports as needed.
• Compile membership packets and work with the Executive Director to identify and develop membership recruitment and retention collateral materials (including membership directory).
• Develop and execute social media marketing plan with the goal of creating a stronger brand for the Wisconsin Holstein Association and its members.
• Coordinate annual sponsorship drive, including maintain current sponsor relationships and identify potential new sponsors.
• Assist Director of Communications in efforts to expand revenue generating activities to support existing programs and identify new ones.
• Assist in event planning of conventions, shows, meetings, all of which may involve travel and attendance at after-hours functions to assist the staff for set-up and tear down at events.
• Identify guest speakers, arrange for appearances, and assist with exhibits to build awareness and enhance the brand of Wisconsin Holsteins.
• Identify sales prospects for each issue of the Wisconsin Holstein News and solicit ads through various methods, including but not limited to email, phone sales, personal contact at events and farm visits.
• Work with Executive Show Committee to coordinate sponsorship efforts to include maintaining current sponsor relationships and assist in recruiting new sponsors. Will also include coordinating all vendor and sponsor booth space on the Alliant Energy Center grounds.
• Lead the Wisconsin Holstein Royalty program and serve as a mentor for the youth involved.
• Travel and attendance at events, some after hours, will be required in order to promote the Association and build strong relationships with members and partners.
• Provide excellent customer service to members by answering questions, filling requests and mailing necessary materials in a timely manner.
• Establish strong working relationship with WHA committees to ensure the committee and board of directors’ directives are followed. Take notes at meetings and submit post-meeting minutes to committee members, board and archives.
• Excellent communication skills, organization and time-management practices.
• Individual must be creative, detail-oriented and quality focused.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with experience interacting with members or customers directly.
• Understanding of current social media tools and trends and ability to effectively utilize social media to positively promote WHA.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time with strong prioritization skills.
• Flexibility to adapt to deadlines and is a self-starter once briefed on a project.
• Strong knowledge of PC operating systems as well as experience in Microsoft Office suite, Access database management, as well as general office equipment.
Education and Experience:
• A BS or BA degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years of communications or customer service experience preferred.
• High level of attention to detail and ability to focus.
• Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
• Ability to problem solve and think proactively.
• Dairy industry experience preferred.
Submit resume, cover letter and two letters of reference by September 1, 2022 to Laura Wackershauser, 902 8th Ave., Baraboo, WI 53913 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.